Flood Insurance

Flooding and water that enters your home from the ground level is excluded on a standard Homeowners policy. Since standard homeowners insurance doesn’t cover flooding, it’s important to have protection from the floods associated with hurricanes, tropical storms, heavy rains and other conditions that impact the U.S. Flood insurance is available to homeowners, condo unit-owners, renters and commercial property owners/renters. If your home is in a high risk flood zone the financial institution holding your mortgage would normally require you to maintain a flood insurance policy.


The NFIP Partnership

Flood insurance is provided by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The NFIP, a federal program, offers flood insurance, which can be purchased through MR Shaw Insurance. Rates are set and do not differ from company to company or agent to agent. These rates depend on many factors, which include the date and type of construction of your home, along with your buildings level of risk.


Be FloodSmart

FEMA is committed to helping educate citizens about their flood risks, and the ways they can protect themselves from the devastating financial consequences of a flood. Learn more at http://www.floodsmart.gov/.

MR Shaw Insurance is committed to providing you with the adequate protection you need and the answers you’re looking for. For more information, please contact us at (781) 631-5000.